Monday, August 29, 2011

Being Your Mother

I never wanted to get married, then I met your father.  He was so sweet and funny and all around amazing, we dated for awhile and then... I wanted to get married.  I had never wanted kids, but then when your father and I had been married for awhile... I wanted to be a mom.  But when I heard your heartbeat for the first time, it was instantaneous. I wanted you.  I couldn't wait to see you and hold you and be your mom.

These first few weeks have been hard, but your father is helpful and great with you, and your grandma S helps out a lot too.  I am getting help from my doctor also, because I want to be better for you.  When you grow up I want you to only remember a happy mom that you can depend on.  I want to be the best mother I can be for you.  I am sure I will make mistakes, but I will try not to make too many. And at some point in time you will not like me very much, but that will just mean that I am doing my job.  Growing up is hard, making decisions that will influence who you will be for the rest of your life is hard.  I want you to be able to come to me for advice, but I want you to make your own decisions.  In 18 or so years when you are ready to go to college I want you to feel secure enough to know that you are a great person who can handle anything life throws at you.

Basically I want the world for you, I just thought you should know that.

1 comment:

  1. So sweet! It's funny, the minute you become a Mom, all the things you want for yourself go away and all we focus on is what we want for our littles :)

    ReplyDelete