Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Writing

I promise I am a college graduate who can form coherent, and sometimes even thought provoking sentences and paragraphs. I have been shortchanging you I guess.  Looking back at the posts before this I notice they are choppy, unorganized, and more explanatory than expressive.  I am not going to lie there are still going to be those choppy and unorganized posts, because sometimes that is how life is, sometimes that is how my brain works.  But the beauty of things in life, the simple pleasures of seeing and hearing the leaves blowing in the wind.  The way the green leaves slowly change color when the yellow, orange, and finally red seeps into them in the fall.  The sound of walking on the fallen leafs, on the ground.  The way snow dusts rooftops, trees, and streets, and blows into drifts next to houses and glistens in the sunlight in the winter.  All of these things deserve more than a simple sentence of “Its fall now.” Or “Oh look its winter.”
Writing can be cathartic, it is beautiful to me the way writing things down helps me process what I am thinking.  Literally putting it in black and white causes it to seem like not such a big deal.  Putting pen to paper or in this case fingers to keyboard, makes me feel so much better. And looking back on things you have written before helps you relive the memories and feelings that were real to you then.  I hope that someday you find something that gives you the release that listening to music or writing gives to me, and I hope that I can help support it in you.
Yesterday we strapped you in your car seat and took you to your WIC appointment and to get your two month immunizations.  You slept through the WIC appointment, but then we woke you up to get your shots.  I sat you on my lap and you looked around at all the things you had never seen before.  The nurse gave you two shots on one leg and almost instantaneously your face turned red and squished, your eyes got big, and you took in a deep breath, finally you let out a scream that I am pretty sure people across town could hear.  I tried to get you to quit crying but you didn’t so I switched you to the other side and you got your final shot.  That was more expected and as such you did your “someone is trying to murder me” scream.  But by the time we got you back to the lobby you were done crying and were simply sitting in your car seat cooing and smiling… you are such a drama queen already.  Today I was expecting more fussiness but you seem to be fine, a little sleepy, but in a relatively good mood.  I hope that soon I will have a more interesting thing to write to you about, but for now, I just wanted to tell you that you did great yesterday, and I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment