Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Your First Week and First Doctors Appointment

You were born on Saturday July 9th 2011 at 5:53 a.m.  You weighed 7 pounds 9 ounces, and were 20 and a half inches long.  Your head was 13 inches and your chest was 13 and a 1/4 inches.

We were in the hospital until about noon on Wednesday July 13th, and then we got to take you home!

A lot has happened this week.  You are starting to eat better, and are doing really well.  You like to suck on your hands alot, and get really annoyed if we don't swaddle you tightly.  You get fussy sometimes, and your father says you got that from me, and you got your cuteness and your love of snuggling from him.  I still don't know who you look like, but a nurse and your doctor say you look like me.  On Sunday you, your father and I all went to Justin, Megan, and Landons house.  You and Landon are only 3 weeks and 2 days apart in age and are both so cute.  It is hard to imagine you will be that big in 3 more weeks, I want you to stay small.

Yesterday Monday July 18th you had your first doctors appointment since leaving the hospital.  You weigh 7 pounds and 15 ounces, so you have gained 6 ounces since you were born.  I have lost 22 pounds since you were born.  The doctor says you look good, and that the slight yellow of your eyes is normal and will go away as long as you keep up with what you are doing now.  I am so proud of you already for doing so well, I know that being born is hard work, and you had it extra hard, but you are doing great, and getting big so fast.  You are already holding your head up and looking around when people hold you.  I bet soon I will have even more updates on what you can do you are learning so fast.

Love, Your Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment